How do I avoid pilling when applying C Beyond?
1. SHAKE IT UP: Shake C Beyond vigorously for at least 10 seconds before dispensing. The formula contains a high volume of powders suspended in oil so this step is essential for an even application.
2. BE GENTLE: Dispense onto fingertips and/or apply directly onto face, patting lightly and smoothing. DO NOT rub the formula between palms or fingertips before applying—this will cause pilling.
3. ALL SET: Once applied, allow C Beyond to fully absorb into skin without touching or manipulating it further. Wait at least 60 seconds before applying makeup.
4. JUST IN CASE: If your skin is very dry and requires additional moisture, we suggest using an oil-based product prior to applying C Beyond. We recommend a simple oil like Jojoba, Squalane or Meadowfoam Seed, which are all found in the C Beyond formula. These three oils mix well with C Beyond and will provide a boosted layer of moisture underneath C Beyond.
What shade am I?
C Beyond’s three tones are designed to neutralize the white cast from mineral SPF—not add a tint to your skin—so they’re flexible. Choose the tone closest to your skin tone, or contact us for help. If you’re in between tones, go with the lighter one.
Does C Beyond provide any coverage?
C Beyond won’t add any coverage. The translucent formula has a small amount of sheer pigment to neutralize the white cast normally seen with mineral SPF. For more coverage, apply it as a base underneath your favorite ILIA complexion product.
Can I apply C Beyond on top of other skincare products?
Yes. C Beyond can be worn on its own, but you can also apply it after your normal skincare routine. For best results, allow any skincare products to absorb fully before applying C Beyond.
How much C Beyond should I use?
Use as much as you need to apply a generous, even layer that covers your entire face.
Why are some of the ingredients encapsulated?
To preserve their potency and stability, Vitamin C, Niacinamide, and Non-Nano Zinc Oxide are enclosed in microcapsules that dissolve on contact with skin.
Can I wear C Beyond with Super Serum Skin Tint SPF 40?
Yes, you can wear them together. We recommend applying C Beyond first before Super Serum Skin Tint SPF 40. Keep in mind that layering two SPF products won’t add up to a higher level of sun protection.
How do I recycle the packaging?
Remove the cap and pump. Rinse the bottle clean of any remaining product. Remove the label and drop the bottle in your recycling bin. Rinse the cap and pump and recycle them.
Can I use C Beyond Triple Serum SPF 40 with sunscreen?
- C Beyond contains Non-Nano Zinc Oxide SPF 40, so it provides broad-spectrum sun protection on its own. However, if you’re sensitive to Vitamin C and don't want to reapply C Beyond every 2 hours for sun protection, you can use your favorite sunscreen for reapplication throughout the day.